Benefits arising from the construction and operation of the proposed Ballivor Wind Farm project will be:
- 100 to 120 jobs at peak construction.
- Supporting 3-5 long term, high quality technical jobs in operations and maintenance.
- Substantial rates paid to the relevant Local Authority.
- Upgrading of the road infrastructure in the vicinity of the wind farm (as required).
- Payment of taxes from the project, and dividends from Bord na Móna to the State.
- Indirect employment created through the sub-supply of a wide range of products and services.
Community Benefit Funds
As part of our Bruckana and Mountlucas Wind Farms we have designed and are operating both Community Gain Schemes and Near Neighbour Schemes in conjunction with the local communities. In developing this wind farm project Bord na Móna wish to engage with the local communities regarding potential types of benefits including but not limited to:
- A Community Benefit Fund
- Amenity/Recreational Facilities